Saturday, May 3, 2008

In the money 4 out of 5 times!

Today I had the house to myself and I played some NL Holdem. I played five sitNgos tournaments and finished in the money 4 out of the 5 times! Below you can see where I placed today. I am finally use to Bodog's interface and actually like it now.

5 out of 27 $$$$$$ (I am enjoying these multi-table tournaments!)
2 out of 10 $$$$$$
8 out of 10 no money
1 0ut of 10 $$$$$$
3 out of 10 $$$$$$

Yesterday and today was the first time I played in a while and starting to get in a zone again. I find myself playing when I have the time and not when I feel like it. It seem difficult to have both happening at the same time.

It was nice to be able to really concentrate just on the screen while playing, I don't get that situation too often with two 16 month old boys around all the time.

I played a $4.00 tournament to win that 15 bucks. I usually only play the $2.00 tournaments. The beginner tournaments on Bodog.com you place in the money if you finish in the top 5. So basically if you can't finish in the top 5 pretty constantly you probably shouldn't be playing or you need lots of practice. My goal when playing at a table of 9 or 10 is to finish in the top 3.

Poker Blogs Blog World Series of Poke WPT world poker tour World Tavern Poker cambridge inn home poker games NL No Limit Texas Holdem Chris Moneymaker Phil Helmuth Daniel Negranu Doyle Brunson Chris Fergenson Phil Ivy Ivey Lady Maverick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try playing some higher buy in tournaments to see how you play. Are you the same JJwalker5 on Pokerstars?

Rick